Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto
Zucchini noodles with avocado pesto is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pasta. This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a low-carb, gluten-free, and dairy-free option. The noodles are made from zucchini, which is spiralized to create a pasta-like texture. The avocado pesto is creamy and flavorful, making this dish a satisfying and healthy meal.
I love zucchini noodles with avocado pesto because it's a dish that always reminds me of summer. It's light, fresh, and so easy to make. When I first tried this recipe, I was a bit skeptical about using zucchini noodles instead of traditional pasta, but I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious it turned out. The avocado pesto adds a creamy and zesty flavor that complements the zucchini noodles perfectly. It's now one of my favorite go-to recipes, especially on hot summer days.
- 4 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine the avocado, pine nuts, basil, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Blend until smooth, adding more olive oil if necessary to achieve a creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat up some olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they are tender but still slightly crunchy.
- Add the avocado pesto to the skillet with the zucchini noodles and toss until the noodles are coated in the pesto.
- Serve immediately, garnished with some extra basil leaves and pine nuts if desired.
This dish is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. You can also serve it as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or fish. It's a great option for those who are looking for a low-carb, gluten-free, and dairy-free meal. You can also add some cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, or grilled vegetables to add some extra color and flavor to the dish. Enjoy!