Lasagna is a classic Italian dish that has been adapted worldwide. This recipe for vegetarian lasagna with spinach and ricotta is a great alternative to traditional meat lasagna. The combination of ricotta and spinach makes for a creamy and flavorful filling, while the layers of pasta and tomato sauce provide a delicious texture. This dish is perfect for a family dinner or special occasion.
As a child, my family would always make lasagna for special occasions, such as birthdays or holidays. However, as I got older and became a vegetarian, I found it challenging to find a lasagna recipe that didn't include meat. After experimenting with different ingredients, I came up with this recipe for vegetarian lasagna with spinach and ricotta. It quickly became a favorite among my family and friends, and now it's a go-to recipe for any occasion.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions, then rinse them in cold water and set them aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, chopped spinach, grated parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles on top of the tomato sauce.
- Apply half of the ricotta and spinach mixture evenly over the noodles.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta and spinach mixture.
- Repeat steps 5-7, then add a third layer of noodles and top it with tomato sauce.
- Pour the vegetable broth over the top of the lasagna.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Let the lasagna cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serve the vegetarian lasagna with spinach and ricotta for a family dinner or special occasion. It pairs well with a fresh green salad and garlic bread. This dish can also be made ahead of time and reheated, making it a great option for meal prep.