Vegetable lasagna is a classic Italian dish that is perfect for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike. It's a hearty and comforting meal that can be enjoyed any time of the year and is perfect for feeding a crowd. This recipe uses a variety of colorful vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers, along with a homemade tomato sauce and plenty of gooey melted cheese.
Growing up, my family always had a big Sunday dinner, and my mom would often make lasagna. It was always a favorite of mine, and I loved how it brought everyone together around the table. When I became a vegetarian, I started experimenting with different veggie lasagna recipes and eventually came up with this one. It's now a staple in my own home, and I love making it for friends and family.
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomato sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the vegetable sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Add a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by a layer of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of the vegetable sauce on top. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Vegetable lasagna is a great dish for family dinners, potlucks, and even meal prep. Serve it with a side salad and some garlic bread for a complete meal. It's also a great dish to make ahead of time and freeze for later. Just be sure to thaw it completely before reheating in the oven.
You must log in to post a comment.