Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna is one of those dishes that everyone loves. It's comforting, hearty, and perfect for a cozy night in. This vegetable lasagna recipe is a healthier twist on the classic dish, packed with veggies and flavor.
Growing up, my mom would make lasagna on special occasions. It was always a hit with the whole family, but I never really liked the ground beef in it. I started experimenting with vegetable lasagna recipes in college, and this one has become my go-to. It's a crowd-pleaser and perfect for a weeknight dinner or a dinner party.
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat some oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese and 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture, a layer of spinach, and a layer of the vegetable mixture. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Top with the remaining shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This vegetable lasagna is perfect for a cozy night in or a dinner party. Serve with a side salad and some garlic bread for a complete meal. It's also a great dish to make ahead of time and reheat throughout the week for an easy and healthy dinner option.
You must log in to post a comment.