Curries are a staple in many cuisines around the world, and they're easily customizable depending on your dietary needs. This vegetable curry recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a hearty and flavorful meal without any meat. It's packed with vegetables, spices, and coconut milk, making it rich, creamy, and satisfying.
As someone who loves to experiment with different flavors and ingredients, I've always been a fan of curries. This vegetable curry recipe is one of my favorites, as it's easy to make and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. I love how versatile it is, as I can use whatever vegetables I have on hand and adjust the spices to my liking.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, etc.)
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, paprika, and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the diced tomatoes and coconut milk, and stir to combine.
- Add the mixed vegetables and chickpeas. Bring the curry to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve the curry over rice, garnished with fresh cilantro.
This vegetable curry recipe is best served over rice, quinoa, or naan bread. It's perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, as it's easy to make and packed with healthy vegetables. You can also make a big batch and freeze it for later. This curry is also great for meal prepping, as it can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy!