Tofu is a great substitute for eggs in many dishes, and this vegan tofu scramble with spinach and mushrooms is no exception. It's a delicious and filling breakfast or brunch option that will keep you satisfied all morning. Plus, it's packed with protein and nutrients!
Growing up, my family always had scrambled eggs for breakfast on the weekends. When I switched to a vegan diet, I thought I would never be able to enjoy a similar dish again. But then I discovered tofu scrambles, and I was hooked! This recipe has become a staple in my household, and I love how easy it is to customize with different vegetables and spices.
- 1 block of firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for another 2-3 minutes, until they are tender.
- Add the crumbled tofu to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to evenly distribute the spices.
- Add the fresh spinach to the skillet and stir until it has wilted and combined with the tofu mixture.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the tofu is heated through and slightly crispy.
This vegan tofu scramble with spinach and mushrooms makes a great breakfast or brunch dish. Serve it with toast or a side of fruit for a balanced meal. It's also a great option for meal prep, as it can be reheated quickly for a grab-and-go breakfast during the week. Feel free to add other vegetables to the scramble, such as bell peppers, zucchini, or kale, to switch up the flavors and nutrients.
You must log in to post a comment.