Vegan Spaghetti with Zucchini and Tomatoes
Spaghetti is a classic dish that most of us have enjoyed at one point or another. It's a simple and satisfying meal that can be prepared in countless ways. This vegan spaghetti with zucchini and tomatoes is a perfect example of how versatile spaghetti can be. It's a light and fresh dish that's perfect for summer, and it's also very easy to make.
I remember the first time I tried this dish. I was at a friend's house for dinner, and she had prepared it for us. I was a bit skeptical at first because I had never had zucchini with spaghetti before, but I was pleasantly surprised. The flavors worked so well together, and the dish was so light and refreshing. I asked her for the recipe, and I've been making it ever since.
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sliced zucchini to the skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until the zucchini is tender.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the tomatoes are heated through.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and toss everything together.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the chopped basil over the top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This vegan spaghetti with zucchini and tomatoes is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. It's also a great dish to serve at a summer party or barbecue. I like to serve it with a side salad or some garlic bread. It's a simple and delicious meal that's sure to please everyone.
You must log in to post a comment.