Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
Stroganoff is a classic Russian dish that has been enjoyed by many for centuries. This vegan mushroom stroganoff is a plant-based take on the traditional recipe that is just as delicious, if not more! It is creamy, savory, and satisfying, making it a perfect comfort food for any occasion.
Growing up, my family would make stroganoff all the time. It was one of our favorite dishes, and we would always make it with beef. Now that I'm vegan, I wanted to recreate that same comforting feeling I had when eating stroganoff, but with a plant-based twist. This recipe has become a staple in my household, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 lb. of pasta
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb. of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. of cornstarch
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until tender and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vegetable broth and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add the vegetable broth mixture to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Add non-dairy milk, dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the mushroom stroganoff over the cooked pasta and garnish with fresh parsley.
This vegan mushroom stroganoff is perfect for a cozy night in, a family dinner, or a potluck with friends. It pairs well with a side of roasted vegetables or a fresh salad. Enjoy!