Vegan Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna is one of those dishes that everyone loves to eat. It is hearty, comforting, and perfect for a family dinner or a potluck party. This vegan mushroom and spinach lasagna recipe is a great alternative to the classic meat and cheese lasagna. It is loaded with flavorful mushrooms, spinach, and a creamy cashew bechamel sauce that will make your taste buds dance.
My Personal Story
I remember the first time I made this vegan mushroom and spinach lasagna. I was a bit hesitant because I wasn't sure if my family would like it. But after the first bite, they were hooked. It has become a staple in our home, and we make it at least once a month. It's a perfect meal for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. Plus, it's a great way to get your daily dose of veggies.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until they release their moisture and are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and sauté until it wilts, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the flour, almond milk, cashews, nutritional yeast, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cashew bechamel sauce into the skillet with the mushroom and spinach mixture. Stir to combine.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the mushroom and spinach mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer 4 lasagna noodles on top. Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of the mushroom and spinach mixture on top.
- Bake the lasagna for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- Let the lasagna rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve this vegan mushroom and spinach lasagna with a simple salad or garlic bread. It's a great dish for a family dinner, potluck party, or meal prep. You can also freeze the leftovers for a quick and easy meal later. Enjoy!