Risotto is a classic Italian dish that is loved by many. It's a creamy and delicious rice dish that can be served as a side or a main course. This tomato and basil risotto recipe is a simple and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion.
A Personal Story
I first tried risotto when I was studying abroad in Italy. I remember sitting at a small restaurant in Florence, enjoying the beautiful scenery and delicious food. The risotto was the highlight of the meal, and I knew I had to try making it myself. After many attempts, I finally perfected this recipe, and it has become a staple in my kitchen.
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the broth over medium heat until hot. Reduce the heat to low and keep the broth warm.
- In another large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice to the saucepan and stir to coat with the butter and onion mixture.
- Add the white wine to the saucepan and stir until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the saucepan and stir until they are well combined.
- Begin adding the warm broth to the saucepan, one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the rice to absorb the broth before adding more.
- Continue adding broth and stirring until the rice is cooked and the risotto is creamy and tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped basil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This tomato and basil risotto is perfect as a side dish or a main course. Serve it alongside grilled chicken or fish for a complete meal. It's also a great dish for entertaining, as it can be made ahead of time and reheated. Enjoy with a glass of your favorite white wine for the perfect dining experience.
You must log in to post a comment.