Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili is a hearty, comforting, and nutritious dish that's perfect for cold winter days. This vegan and gluten-free recipe is packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and vitamins, making it a great choice for anyone who wants to eat healthily and deliciously. This chili is also easy to make, requiring only a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time.
A Personal Story
As a food blogger, I'm always looking for new and exciting recipes to share with my followers. A few years ago, I discovered this Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili recipe, and it quickly became one of my favorites. I love how easy it is to make, how flavorful and satisfying it is, and how versatile it can be. I've served it to my family, friends, and guests, and everyone has loved it. I also like that it's a great way to use up leftover sweet potatoes or black beans, and that it freezes well for later meals.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, avocado, lime wedges, tortilla chips, or vegan sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the sweet potato and bell pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes until slightly tender.
- Add the cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, sea salt, and black pepper and stir well.
- Add the black beans, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth or water and stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potato is tender and the flavors have melded.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve hot with optional toppings as desired.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili is a versatile dish that can be served in many ways. Here are some serving suggestions and occasions for which it's best suited:
- Serve it as a main dish with rice, quinoa, or cornbread.
- Top it with chopped cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges for a fresh and zesty flavor.
- Add some crunch and texture by serving it with tortilla chips or corn tortillas.
- Use it as a filling for burritos, tacos, or quesadillas.
- Freeze the leftovers for a quick and easy meal later.
- Serve it at a potluck, game day, or family dinner.
You must log in to post a comment.