Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
Curry is one of my favorite dishes to make. It's so versatile and can be made with almost any ingredient. This Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry recipe is one of my favorites. It's hearty, flavorful, and perfect for a cozy night in.
Growing up, my family didn't eat a lot of curry. It wasn't until I went to college and started exploring different cuisines that I fell in love with it. I remember the first time I made this Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry. I was living in a tiny dorm room with just a hotplate and a mini-fridge. Despite the limited resources, the curry turned out delicious, and it's been a staple in my recipe book ever since.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add sweet potatoes, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, vegetable broth, and honey. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sweet potatoes are soft and tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
This Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry is perfect for a cozy night in. Serve it over a bed of rice or with some warm naan bread. It's also great for meal prep and can be enjoyed for lunch throughout the week.
You must log in to post a comment.