Stuffed cherry tomatoes are a perfect appetizer for any occasion. They are easy to make, look beautiful on a platter, and are packed with flavor. The filling can be anything you like, from cheese to hummus to tuna salad. This recipe features a creamy goat cheese and herb filling that is sure to impress your guests.
A Personal Story
I first tried stuffed cherry tomatoes at a friend's party. They were so delicious that I had to ask for the recipe. I've since made them for several events and they are always a hit. I especially love how versatile they are – you can switch up the filling to suit any taste preference.
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Balsamic glaze and extra herbs for garnish
- Cut off the tops of the cherry tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and pulp with a small spoon. Discard the seeds and pulp and set the tomatoes aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the goat cheese, mayonnaise, chives, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Using a small spoon, fill each tomato with the goat cheese mixture, mounding it slightly on top.
- Arrange the stuffed tomatoes on a platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze and extra herbs, if desired.
- Chill the tomatoes in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Stuffed cherry tomatoes are perfect for any party or gathering. They make a great appetizer for a summer BBQ, a holiday party, or even a bridal shower. Serve them alongside other finger foods like crudité and crackers. They're also a great addition to a cheese board. Enjoy!