Spiked Apple Cider Recipe
There's nothing better on a chilly evening than a warm cup of spiked apple cider. It's a classic drink that's perfect for bringing people together, whether you're snuggled up with your significant other or entertaining a group of friends. This recipe is a simple twist on the traditional version, adding a bit of spiced rum for an extra kick.
I remember making this recipe for the first time during a cozy night in with my friends. We sat around the fireplace, sipping our spiked apple cider and sharing stories about our week. It was the perfect way to unwind and relax after a long day. Ever since that night, this recipe has been a staple in my fall and winter beverage rotation.
- 4 cups of apple cider
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 cup of spiced rum
- 1 apple, sliced for garnish
- In a large pot, combine the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the cider simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the spiced rum.
- Ladle the cider into mugs and garnish with apple slices and a cinnamon stick.
This spiked apple cider is perfect for a cozy night in with friends, a romantic evening with your partner, or as a warm beverage to serve at a fall or winter gathering. You can also easily double or triple the recipe for a larger group. Serve it alongside some warm apple cider donuts or pumpkin muffins for the ultimate fall-themed spread.
You must log in to post a comment.