Spicy Vegan Chickpea Curry
A flavorful and hearty vegan curry that is perfect for a cozy dinner or meal prep. This dish is packed with protein and spices that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. Plus, it's easy to make and can be customized to your preferred level of spiciness.
I love making this spicy vegan chickpea curry on Sundays for meal prep. It's great because it lasts all week and I can enjoy it for lunch or dinner. Plus, it's so delicious that I never get tired of eating it. I also love how versatile this dish is; I can adjust the spice level to my liking and switch up the vegetables depending on what I have on hand.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of vegetables (I like to use a mix of bell peppers, zucchini, and carrots)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute.
- Add curry powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add chickpeas, diced tomatoes (with the juice), and coconut milk. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Add vegetables and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice or naan bread and garnish with fresh cilantro (optional).
This spicy vegan chickpea curry is perfect for meal prep or a cozy dinner at home. It's also great for entertaining or bringing to a potluck. Serve with rice or naan bread and garnish with fresh cilantro for a delicious and satisfying meal.