Spicy Fried Shrimp Recipe
A dish that is easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion, Spicy Fried Shrimp is a great addition to any seafood lover’s recipe book. This recipe is perfect for those who love their shrimp with a little kick.
As someone who grew up near the coast, seafood was always a staple in my home. I have many fond memories of my family gathering around the dinner table, eating fried shrimp and sharing stories. This recipe has been passed down from my grandmother and has always been a hit with my family and friends.
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce
- Oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and hot sauce.
- Dip each shrimp into the egg mixture, then coat in the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Repeat until all shrimp are cooked.
Spicy Fried Shrimp is perfect for any occasion, from a casual dinner party to a game day snack. Serve with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce for dipping. This dish is best served fresh and hot, so make sure to prepare it just before serving.
You must log in to post a comment.