Spiced Hot Chocolate Recipe
Hot chocolate is a timeless classic that everyone loves, especially during the winter season. It’s a delicious and comforting beverage that warms you up from the inside out. In this recipe, we are taking hot chocolate to the next level by adding some spices to create a decadent and indulgent drink that will satisfy your sweet tooth and warm you up on a cold day.
Growing up, I used to love drinking hot chocolate with my family during Christmas time. We would always add a little bit of cinnamon and nutmeg to our hot chocolate to give it a festive twist. This recipe reminds me of those happy memories and I hope it will bring joy to your family too.
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, heavy cream, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until the hot chocolate has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream (if desired) and a cinnamon stick for garnish.
This spiced hot chocolate is perfect for a cozy night at home, a holiday party, or any occasion that calls for a warm and comforting drink. You can also add a splash of your favorite liqueur, such as Kahlua or Bailey’s, to make it an adult-only beverage. Serve it with some homemade cookies or brownies for a delicious treat that everyone will love.
You must log in to post a comment.