Shrimp Scampi is a classic Italian-American dish that is quick and easy to make. This dish is perfect for any seafood lover or anyone who wants to try something new. The combination of juicy shrimp, garlic, lemon, and white wine creates a flavorful and satisfying meal.
Growing up, my family would always go out to eat at Italian restaurants and Shrimp Scampi was always one of my favorite dishes. I would always ask my parents to order it for the table, and I would end up eating most of it. Now that I am older, I love making Shrimp Scampi at home for myself and my friends.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, and black pepper. Add shrimp and toss until coated.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp from the skillet using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add white wine and chicken broth to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Add shrimp back to the skillet and toss with the sauce. Add parsley and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Serve shrimp scampi over spaghetti.
Shrimp Scampi is best served with a side of garlic bread and a Caesar salad. This dish is perfect for a dinner party or a romantic night in. It's also a great option for a quick weeknight meal. Enjoy!