Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
Sheet pan meals are perfect for busy weeknights when you want a quick and easy dinner. This Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables recipe is a complete meal that is healthy and delicious. The chicken is marinated in a balsamic vinegar dressing and then roasted alongside colorful vegetables for a flavorful and satisfying dinner.
Growing up, my family would have sheet pan dinners at least once a week. It was a great way to get a variety of vegetables into our diets and also made clean-up a breeze. Now that I'm older, I've started experimenting with different flavor combinations and this balsamic chicken and vegetables recipe has become a favorite in my household.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C) and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, honey, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper to make the marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and massage to coat the chicken evenly. Place the bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, remove it from the bag and place it on the prepared sheet pan. Arrange the bell peppers, onion, and asparagus around the chicken.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven and add the cherry tomatoes to the sheet pan. Return the sheet pan to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing it into strips.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables on a platter, garnished with fresh parsley, if desired.
This Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables recipe is perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner. Serve it with a side of quinoa or brown rice for a complete meal. It's also great for meal prep and can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.