Quinoa Veggie Burger
Quinoa veggie burgers are a great alternative to meat burgers. They are packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients from the vegetables. These burgers are easy to make, and the recipe can be adjusted to suit any taste. They can be served as a meal on their own, or as a side dish to complement other dishes.
A Personal Story
I first tried a quinoa veggie burger at a local restaurant and was amazed at how delicious it was. I had never considered making my own veggie burger before, but after tasting it, I knew I had to try. I experimented with different recipes until I found the perfect combination of ingredients that resulted in a delicious and healthy quinoa veggie burger. Now, it's one of my go-to meals when I want something quick and easy.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion, bell pepper, and carrot in olive oil until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, sautéed vegetables, salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, breadcrumbs, eggs, and feta cheese (if using). Mix well.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a little oil. Form the quinoa mixture into patties and place in the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve the quinoa veggie burgers on buns with your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, avocado, or mayo.
Quinoa veggie burgers are perfect for a quick and healthy meal, whether it's for lunch or dinner. They also make a great side dish for a barbecue or picnic. Serve them with a side salad or grilled vegetables for a complete meal. These burgers can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer for later use.
You must log in to post a comment.