Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
Quinoa stuffed bell peppers are a delicious and healthy meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week. This dish is packed with nutrients and flavors that will satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling full and satisfied. The recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your preferences. Whether you are a vegetarian, vegan, or meat-eater, this dish is sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.
Growing up, my mom used to make stuffed bell peppers for dinner all the time. It was one of my favorite dishes, and I always looked forward to it. As I got older, I started experimenting with different ingredients and flavors, and I eventually came up with this quinoa stuffed bell pepper recipe. It's a healthier version of the classic dish, and it's just as delicious!
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers in a baking dish and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the black beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into the bell peppers until they are full.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of each pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot.
These quinoa stuffed bell peppers are perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner or a vegetarian meal. They can also be served as a side dish or appetizer. You can customize the recipe by adding your favorite vegetables or protein. Serve with a side salad or some crusty bread for a complete meal. Enjoy!