Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
Quinoa and black bean salad is a healthy and flavorful dish that is perfect for lunch or as a side dish for a barbecue or potluck. The combination of quinoa and black beans provides a great protein source and the vegetables and spices add a fresh and zesty flavor.
I first tried this dish at a friend's barbecue and was immediately hooked. I loved the combination of the nutty quinoa, the hearty black beans, and the fresh vegetables. I asked for the recipe and have been making it ever since.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the quinoa with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, red and yellow bell peppers, and red onion.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and black bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, stir in the chopped cilantro.
This quinoa and black bean salad is perfect as a side dish for a barbecue or potluck. It can also be served as a light lunch or dinner. If you want to make it more filling, you could add some grilled chicken or shrimp. I like to serve this salad with tortilla chips or on top of a bed of mixed greens. It's a versatile dish that is sure to please everyone.
You must log in to post a comment.