Pork chops with apple sauce is a classic dish that combines the savory flavor of pork with the sweetness of apples. It's a perfect comfort food for any time of the year, but especially during the fall and winter months. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Growing up, my mom used to make pork chops with apple sauce for dinner at least once a month. It was always one of my favorite meals, and I loved the way the sweet apple sauce complemented the salty pork chops. Now that I'm older, I've started making this dish for my own family, and it's become a staple in our household. I love how easy it is to prepare and how delicious it tastes.
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the pork chops with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer the pork chops to a baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- While the pork chops are baking, add the chopped onion to the same skillet used to cook the pork chops.
- Cook the onion over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the chopped apples, apple cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves to the skillet.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the pork chops with the apple sauce on top.
This dish is perfect for a cozy family dinner, but it also works well for entertaining. Serve it with a side of roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes for a complete meal. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the pork chops and apple sauce in the microwave or on the stove.