Zucchini noodles have become increasingly popular as a healthy alternative to traditional pasta. This recipe takes it up a notch by adding pesto and shrimp for a flavorful and satisfying meal. It's perfect for those who are looking for a low-carb and gluten-free option.
Growing up, my family loved to make traditional spaghetti with pesto and shrimp for special occasions. As I got older, I started to experiment with different variations of the dish. One day, I decided to swap out the spaghetti for zucchini noodles and it was a game-changer. The pesto and shrimp flavors still came through, but the dish felt lighter and healthier. It quickly became a go-to recipe for me and I'm excited to share it with you.
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup of pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the spiralized zucchini noodles. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the pesto to the pan and mix well until the zucchini noodles are fully coated.
- Add the cooked shrimp back to the pan and mix everything together.
- Serve hot with additional salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. You can also make it ahead of time for meal prep during the week. It's a great option for anyone who is gluten-free or looking to reduce their carb intake. You can also add other vegetables like cherry tomatoes or mushrooms to the dish for some extra flavor and nutrition. Enjoy!