Pecan pie is a classic dessert loved by many. It is a sweet, nutty, and gooey treat that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. Whether you're baking for friends, family, or just for yourself, this pecan pie recipe is sure to impress.
Growing up, my family always had pecan pie during the holidays. It was the one dessert that everyone looked forward to. My mom would make it from scratch and the whole house would smell like warm butter and sugar. Now that I'm an adult, I carry on the tradition and make pecan pie for special occasions. It always brings back fond memories of my childhood.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in the pecan halves and mix until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and spread it out with a spatula.
- Bake the pie for 50-60 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
Pecan pie is a versatile dessert that can be served on any occasion. It's perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any holiday gathering. It's also a great dessert to bring to a potluck or BBQ. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream for an added touch of sweetness.
You must log in to post a comment.