Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter cookies are a classic and beloved treat. They are easy to make and perfect for any occasion. This recipe is simple and straightforward, resulting in soft and chewy cookies that are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
As a child, I used to help my mother make these cookies. It was always a fun activity to do together, and the smell of freshly baked cookies was simply irresistible. Now, as an adult, I still make these cookies regularly, and they always remind me of those sweet childhood memories.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, form the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press each ball down with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These peanut butter cookies are perfect for any occasion, whether it's a family gathering, a school bake sale, or just a sweet treat for yourself. Serve them with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee for the ultimate indulgence. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, if they last that long.