Paleo Banana Pancakes Recipe
Paleo Banana Pancakes are a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pancakes. Made with almond flour, ripe bananas, and eggs, these pancakes are perfect for those on a paleo or gluten-free diet. They are also a great way to use up those overripe bananas sitting on your counter!
As a child, my mom used to make banana pancakes for me and my siblings on lazy Sunday mornings. It was a special treat that we always looked forward to. Now, as an adult, I wanted to recreate that same feeling of comfort and nostalgia in a healthier way. That's why I came up with this Paleo Banana Pancakes recipe.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas and eggs until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl and stir until a thick batter forms.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and add a small amount of coconut oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the skillet and cook until the edges begin to set and the bottom is golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).
- Using a spatula, flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the batter has been used.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, nut butter, or maple syrup.
These Paleo Banana Pancakes are perfect for a lazy Sunday morning breakfast with family or friends. They're also a great option for a weekday breakfast or brunch when you want something quick and easy but still healthy. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!