Pasta is always a great go-to meal, especially when you're short on time. This One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights. It's quick, easy, and requires only a handful of ingredients. The best part is that everything cooks in just one pot, making clean-up a breeze. The combination of juicy tomatoes, fresh basil, and creamy Parmesan cheese make for a deliciously simple dish that everyone will love.
A Personal Story
This One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta recipe is one of my favorites to make when I'm in a hurry. It's a recipe that I've been making for years, and it's always a hit with my family and friends. I remember the first time I made it, I was amazed at how easy it was to throw everything into one pot. The result was a delicious pasta dish that tasted like it had been cooking for hours. Since then, it's been a go-to recipe for me, and I'm excited to share it with you.
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 4 cups of water
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, combine the spaghetti, water, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let the mixture simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid has reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chopped basil and grated Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
This One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta is perfect for any occasion. It's great for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, but it's also impressive enough to serve to guests. You can pair it with a simple side salad or some crusty bread to make it a complete meal. It's also a great dish to bring to potlucks or picnics since it's easy to transport and can be served at room temperature.