Mini Quiches with Bacon and Cheese
Quiches are a great way to enjoy a delicious savory breakfast or brunch. They are easy to make and can be customized with your favorite ingredients. These mini quiches with bacon and cheese are a hit with everyone, and they are perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or as a grab-and-go breakfast during the week.
I first tried these mini quiches when I was visiting a friend who had just had a baby. She was exhausted and didn't feel like cooking, so I offered to make some breakfast for her. I rummaged through her fridge and found some bacon, cheese, and eggs, so I decided to make mini quiches. They were a hit with my friend and her family, and I've been making them ever since.
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the heat and let it cool for a minute.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme.
- Add the cooked bacon, shredded cheese, and chopped green onions to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the quiches are set and golden brown on top.
- Let the quiches cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before removing them. Run a knife around the edges of the quiches to loosen them, then use a spoon to gently lift them out of the tin.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
These mini quiches are perfect for a brunch or breakfast gathering. Serve them with some fresh fruit, toast, and coffee for a complete meal. They are also great for meal prep – make a batch on Sunday and store them in the fridge or freezer for a quick breakfast during the week. You can also customize the ingredients – try adding some spinach, mushrooms, or diced ham.