Matcha latte is a delicious and healthy drink that has become very popular in recent years. It is made with high-quality green tea powder, which is rich in antioxidants and has many health benefits. This recipe is perfect for those who want a warm and comforting drink that is also good for their health.
Growing up in Japan, I have always loved matcha. It was a staple in our household, and my mom would make us matcha lattes on cold, wintry mornings. It was a great way to start the day, and it always made me feel warm and cozy. When I moved to the United States, I realized that matcha lattes were not as popular here, so I started making them at home. It’s a drink that always reminds me of home and brings back fond memories.
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over low heat until it starts to steam. Do not boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk matcha powder and hot water until smooth and frothy.
- Pour the matcha mixture into a mug.
- Pour the steamed milk over the matcha mixture.
- Sweeten with honey, if desired.
- Use a frother or whisk to create foam on top of the latte.
- Serve and enjoy!
Matcha latte is perfect for any time of day, but it's especially great in the morning or as an afternoon pick-me-up. It's also a great drink to serve when you have guests over. You can add whipped cream or a sprinkle of matcha powder on top for a fancier presentation. This recipe is also very versatile, and you can adjust the sweetness and the amount of matcha powder to your liking.