Mango lassi is a popular Indian drink made with mangoes, yogurt, milk, and sugar. It's a refreshing and cooling drink perfect for hot summer days.
I first discovered mango lassi during a trip to India. I was exploring the bustling streets of Mumbai when I stumbled upon a small food vendor selling mango lassi. I decided to give it a try, and I was instantly hooked. The sweet and creamy taste was unlike anything I had ever tasted before. I knew I had to learn how to make it myself, and I've been making it ever since.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the diced mangoes, yogurt, milk, sugar, and ground cardamom. Blend until smooth.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to the blender and blend again until the ice is crushed and the mixture is frothy.
- Pour the mango lassi into glasses and serve immediately.
Mango lassi is best served chilled. It's a great drink to serve at parties or gatherings, especially if you're looking for something non-alcoholic. It also pairs well with spicy Indian dishes, as the sweetness helps to balance out the heat. Alternatively, you can enjoy it as a refreshing drink on its own.
You must log in to post a comment.