Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are a light and fluffy breakfast treat that's perfect for weekend brunch or a special occasion. The ricotta cheese adds richness and tanginess, while the lemon zest provides a refreshing citrus flavor. This recipe is easy to make, and the results are truly delicious.
As a child, I always looked forward to Sunday mornings when my mom would make pancakes for breakfast. I remember the smell of the batter sizzling on the griddle, and the anticipation of biting into a stack of fluffy, buttery pancakes. Now, as an adult, I've taken my love of pancakes to the next level by experimenting with different variations, and these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are one of my favorites.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter or oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil to the skillet.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the skillet, spacing the pancakes about 2 inches apart.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the pancakes hot with butter and syrup.
These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are best served hot with a pat of butter and a drizzle of syrup. They're perfect for a weekend brunch, a special occasion, or just as a treat for yourself. You can also add fresh berries or a dollop of whipped cream for extra indulgence. Enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.