Background Information about Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Lemon Garlic Shrimp is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion, from a quick weeknight dinner to a fancy dinner party. The combination of tangy lemon and savory garlic creates a burst of flavor that is sure to please any palate. This dish is also versatile, as it can be served over pasta, rice, or on its own with a side salad.
A Personal Story about Lemon Garlic Shrimp
I first tried Lemon Garlic Shrimp at a seafood restaurant on the coast of Maine. The dish was served over a bed of linguine and topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. The flavors were so delicious that I knew I had to recreate it at home. After some experimentation, I came up with a recipe that is just as tasty as the restaurant version, but much easier to make.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice, chicken broth, and white wine to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Add the butter to the skillet and stir until melted.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp is a versatile dish that can be served in many different ways. It is delicious over pasta, such as linguine or spaghetti, or over rice. It can also be served on its own with a side salad for a light and healthy meal. This dish is perfect for a date night at home or for entertaining guests.
You must log in to post a comment.