Key Lime Pie Recipe
Key lime pie is a classic dessert that is often associated with the state of Florida, where key limes are grown. This sweet and tangy pie is made with a graham cracker crust, a creamy key lime filling, and topped with whipped cream. It's a perfect dessert to serve at any occasion, from backyard barbecues to formal dinner parties.
I first tried key lime pie on a trip to Florida, and it quickly became one of my favorite desserts. I love the combination of sweet and tart flavors, and the texture of the creamy filling and crunchy crust is unbeatable. Whenever I make this pie, it brings back memories of warm summer nights and sandy beaches.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated key lime zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Add the key lime juice and zest, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the filling is set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Let the pie cool completely on a wire rack, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, whip the heavy cream and confectioner's sugar together until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream on top of the chilled pie, and serve immediately.
This key lime pie is best served chilled, and is perfect for any occasion. It's a great dessert to serve after a backyard barbecue or summer picnic, and also works well for more formal dinner parties. You can garnish it with additional lime zest or slices of lime for a decorative touch. Enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.