Irish coffee is a classic cocktail that combines coffee, whiskey, sugar, and cream. It's the perfect drink for cold winter days or as a warm pick-me-up after dinner. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for those who love a good whiskey cocktail.
When I was studying abroad in Ireland, I had my first taste of Irish coffee at a local pub. It was a cold and rainy day, and I was looking for something warm to drink. The bartender recommended an Irish coffee, and I was hooked from the first sip. Since then, I've been making this recipe at home whenever I need a little pick-me-up.
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey
- Heavy cream, lightly whipped
- Brew a fresh cup of coffee using your preferred method.
- While the coffee is brewing, heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar to the saucepan and stir until it dissolves.
- Add the Irish whiskey to the saucepan and stir until well combined.
- Pour the hot coffee into a mug.
- Pour the whiskey mixture into the coffee and stir to combine.
- Using a spoon, gently pour the lightly whipped heavy cream over the top of the coffee.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Irish coffee is the perfect drink for St. Patrick's Day celebrations or as a cozy nightcap by the fire. Serve it with a piece of chocolate or biscotti for an extra treat. This recipe can be easily customized by using flavored syrups or different types of cream. Try it with a splash of Baileys Irish Cream for an extra creamy twist.