Iced Matcha Latte Recipe
Matcha is a Japanese green tea powder that has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its health benefits and delicious taste. This Iced Matcha Latte recipe is a refreshing way to enjoy matcha on a hot day. It's easy to make, and you can customize it to your liking by adjusting the sweetness and milk ratio.
Growing up, I was never a fan of hot tea. But when I discovered iced matcha lattes, I was hooked. It was the perfect combination of sweet, creamy, and earthy flavors. I love making this at home because it's much cheaper than buying it from a coffee shop, and I can control the ingredients.
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1-2 tbsp honey or agave nectar (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup milk of your choice (dairy, almond, coconut, etc.)
- Ice cubes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the matcha powder and hot water until the matcha is fully dissolved and there are no lumps.
- Add honey or agave nectar to the matcha mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the matcha mixture over the ice cubes.
- In a separate container, froth the milk using a milk frother or by shaking it in a closed container (such as a mason jar) until it becomes frothy.
- Pour the frothy milk over the matcha mixture.
- Stir gently and enjoy!
This Iced Matcha Latte is perfect for a hot summer day or as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. You can also add more ice and turn it into a slushie or blend it with some frozen fruit for a delicious smoothie. Customize it by using your favorite milk and sweetener. Enjoy!