Hummus with Pita Chips
Hummus with Pita Chips is a classic Middle Eastern dish that has gained international popularity in recent years. It is a simple yet flavorful recipe that is perfect for parties, picnics, or as a snack at any time of day. The combination of creamy hummus and crispy pita chips is a match made in heaven, and it is also a healthy snack that is loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
A Personal Story
I first tried Hummus with Pita Chips at a friend's party, and I was blown away by the delicious taste and texture. Since then, I have been making my version of this recipe, which has become a staple in my household. It is an easy dish to prepare, and I love how versatile it is. Sometimes, I add extra spices or herbs to the hummus to give it a different flavor, or I swap the pita chips for fresh vegetables like carrots or cucumber slices.
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of water
- Pita bread, cut into triangles
- Olive oil spray
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Add the water gradually while the food processor is running until you reach the desired consistency.
- Adjust the seasoning according to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the pita triangles on a baking sheet and spray them with olive oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve the hummus with the pita chips on the side.
Hummus with Pita Chips is an excellent appetizer for parties, or it can be served as a snack throughout the day. You can also pack it for a picnic or as a healthy lunch option. You can customize the dish by adding extra toppings like roasted red pepper, olives, or feta cheese. It is also a great dish to make ahead of time and keep in the fridge for a quick and easy snack option.