Honey and Lemon Tea
Honey and Lemon Tea is a classic beverage that has been used for centuries to soothe sore throats and colds. The combination of honey and lemon creates a sweet and tangy flavor that warms you up from the inside out. This simple yet effective recipe is perfect for cold winter days or when you need a quick pick-me-up.
As a child, I used to hate drinking tea, but my mom would always make me a cup of Honey and Lemon Tea whenever I had a sore throat or felt under the weather. It wasn't until I was older that I appreciated the soothing and comforting effect of this drink. Now, it's one of my go-to remedies whenever I feel a cold coming on.
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Optional: 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 inch of fresh ginger
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- If using, add the cinnamon stick or fresh ginger to the water and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick or ginger from the water and discard.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour the tea into a mug and enjoy.
Honey and Lemon Tea is best served hot and is perfect for cold winter days. It's also a great remedy for sore throats and colds. If you're feeling adventurous, you can add a splash of whiskey or bourbon to make a Hot Toddy.