Crostini with Roasted Red Pepper
Crostini with Roasted Red Pepper is a recipe that is perfect as an appetizer, snack, or even as a light lunch. The roasted red pepper adds a smoky and slightly sweet flavor to the dish, while the crostini provides the perfect crunch. This recipe is easy to make and can be prepared in advance, making it perfect for parties or gatherings.
I first tried Crostini with Roasted Red Pepper at a friend's party. It was love at first bite! I immediately asked for the recipe and have been making it ever since. It has become a staple at all my gatherings and is always a hit with my guests.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the red bell pepper in half, remove the stem and seeds.
- Place the pepper halves on a baking sheet, skin side up.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the peppers for 20-25 minutes or until the skin is blistered and charred.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, peel off the skin and discard. Cut the peppers into thin strips.
- Brush the baguette slices with the remaining olive oil and place them on a baking sheet.
- Toast the baguette slices in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread goat cheese on each slice of toasted baguette.
- Top each crostini with a few strips of roasted red pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Crostini with Roasted Red Pepper is a versatile dish that can be served as an appetizer, snack or light lunch. It is perfect for parties, as it can be prepared in advance and assembled just before serving. This recipe pairs well with a crisp white wine or a light beer. Enjoy!