Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are one of the most popular appetizers that are loved by many people. There are many ways to prepare chicken wings, but this recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to make crispy baked chicken wings. These wings are crispy, juicy, and packed with flavor. They are perfect for parties, game nights, or any occasion.
My Personal Story
I love chicken wings, and I always order them whenever I go out to eat. However, I never thought of making them myself until one day when I had some friends over for a game night. I wanted to impress them with some homemade wings, but I didn't have a deep fryer. So, I decided to try baking them instead, and they turned out amazing! My friends couldn't believe that they were baked, and they kept asking me for the recipe. Since then, I've made these wings several times, and they always turn out crispy and delicious.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp baking powder (not baking soda)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Note: Make sure to use baking powder, not baking soda. Also, you can adjust the seasonings according to your taste.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
- Add the chicken wings to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the seasoning mixture over them. Toss the wings until they are evenly coated.
- Place the chicken wings on the wire rack, leaving some space between them.
- Bake the chicken wings for 30-40 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the wings from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
These crispy baked chicken wings are perfect for any occasion. You can serve them as an appetizer, a snack, or even as a main dish. They are great for game nights, parties, or any casual gathering. You can serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch or blue cheese. You can also serve them with some celery sticks and carrot sticks to balance out the spiciness.