Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken drumsticks are a popular and cost-effective cut of chicken that is enjoyed by many. This recipe for crispy baked chicken drumsticks offers a simple yet flavorful way to prepare them. The combination of spices and the baking method creates a deliciously crispy skin while keeping the meat tender and juicy.
I remember my mom making these crispy baked chicken drumsticks for dinner when I was growing up. They were always a hit with my siblings and me, and we would always fight over who got the last one. Now I make them for my own family, and they are just as popular.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Dip each chicken drumstick into the flour mixture, making sure to coat it well. Shake off any excess flour.
- Place the coated drumsticks onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the drumsticks, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Bake the drumsticks for 35-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Turn the drumsticks over halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Remove the drumsticks from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
These crispy baked chicken drumsticks are perfect for a family dinner or a casual get-together with friends. Serve them with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a simple green salad. They also make a great addition to a game day spread or a summer barbecue. Enjoy!