Creme Brulee Recipe
Creme Brulee is a classic French dessert that is loved all over the world. It's a rich, creamy custard with a caramelized sugar topping that cracks under the weight of a spoon. The dessert is typically served in small ramekins, making it the perfect individual treat. It's a popular dessert in high-end restaurants, but it's surprisingly easy to make at home.
Growing up, my mom used to make Creme Brulee for special occasions like birthdays and holidays. It was always a treat to watch her torch the sugar on top to create the signature crispy crust. Now, I like to make Creme Brulee for my friends and family, and it always brings back happy memories.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is light and frothy.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Gradually pour the hot cream into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to combine.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into four 6-ounce ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish and fill the dish with hot water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the custard is set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let them cool to room temperature. Then, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- When you're ready to serve, sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of sugar evenly on top of each custard.
- Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar until it's golden brown and crispy.
Creme Brulee is perfect for special occasions like birthdays, holidays, and dinner parties. It's a luxurious dessert that's sure to impress your guests. Serve it with a cup of coffee or tea to balance out the richness of the custard. You can also experiment with different flavors, like adding a touch of cinnamon or using almond extract instead of vanilla. Enjoy!