Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that can be used in many recipes, including soups. This creamy vegan cauliflower soup is a delicious and healthy option for those looking for a comforting and satisfying meal. The soup is easy to make and uses only a few ingredients, making it an ideal dish for busy weeknights or lazy weekends.
I first tried this soup at a friend's house, and I was blown away by how delicious it was. It was creamy, flavorful, and comforting, and I couldn't believe it was vegan. I asked for the recipe, and my friend graciously shared it with me, and I have been making it ever since. This soup has become a staple in my home, and I love making it when I want a quick and easy meal that is also healthy and satisfying.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the pot and stir to combine with onions and garlic.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as croutons, fresh herbs, or a drizzle of olive oil.
This creamy vegan cauliflower soup is perfect for a cozy night in or as a starter for a dinner party. Serve it with your favorite toppings, such as croutons, fresh herbs, or a drizzle of olive oil. You can also pair it with a crusty bread or a salad for a complete meal. This soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month, making it a great option for meal prep.