Classic Margarita Recipe
Margartias are an essential addition to any cocktail menu. This classic margarita recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and sour, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
As a lover of all things tequila, I am always on the hunt for the perfect margarita. After testing countless recipes, I have finally found my go-to recipe that never fails to impress.
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz orange liqueur (such as triple sec or Cointreau)
- 1 tsp agave syrup (optional)
- Salt for rimming the glass (optional)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Begin by rimming the edge of the glass with salt. To do this, pour a small amount of salt onto a small plate. Take a lime wedge and rub it around the edge of the glass to moisten it. Dip the rim of the glass into the salt, making sure it is evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and agave syrup (if using).
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Fill the salt-rimmed glass with ice and strain the margarita into the glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
This classic margarita is perfect for any occasion, from a casual happy hour to a fancy dinner party. Serve it with some chips and guacamole for a classic combo, or pair it with some spicy tacos for a bolder flavor combination. Cheers!