Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Cinnamon rolls are a classic dessert that everyone loves. The soft, pillowy dough filled with cinnamon sugar and topped with a sweet glaze is the perfect treat for any occasion. This recipe is easy to follow and will result in the most delicious cinnamon rolls you've ever tasted.
Growing up, my family would always make cinnamon rolls during the holidays. It was a tradition that we all looked forward to, and the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls always filled our home with warmth and comfort. Now that I have my own family, I've continued this tradition and make cinnamon rolls for special occasions or just when we're in the mood for something sweet.
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the warm milk and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes until the yeast is foamy.
- Add the granulated sugar, melted butter, and eggs to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the butter.
- Roll the dough up tightly, starting at the long edge.
- Cut the dough into 12 even slices and place them in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the rolls are golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, make the glaze. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Once the rolls are done baking, let them cool for a few minutes before drizzling the glaze over them.
Cinnamon rolls are best served warm and fresh out of the oven. They're perfect for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or just as a sweet snack. Serve them with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk for a delicious treat that everyone will love.
You must log in to post a comment.