Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Chicken Alfredo is a classic Italian-American pasta dish that has been a favorite of many for years. This recipe combines tender chicken breast, creamy sauce, and pasta to create a delicious meal that is perfect for any occasion.
Growing up, Chicken Alfredo was always a special treat in my family. My mom would make it for us on special occasions or when we had guests over. It was always a hit and I have continued to make it for my own family and friends.
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook the fettuccine pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and let cool. Once cooled, slice the chicken into thin strips.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked fettuccine and sliced chicken to the skillet with the sauce. Toss until the pasta and chicken are coated in the sauce.
- Serve hot with chopped fresh parsley on top, if desired.
Chicken Alfredo is a great dish to serve for a special occasion or for a comforting weeknight dinner. Serve with a side salad and garlic bread for a complete meal. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop with a little extra cream or milk to loosen up the sauce. Enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.