Cauliflower pizza crust is a healthy alternative to traditional pizza crusts. It is low in carbs, gluten-free, and packed with nutrients, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions or looking to eat healthier. It's a simple recipe that only requires a few ingredients, and it's easy to customize with your favorite toppings.
I love pizza, but I'm always looking for healthier alternatives. When I first heard about cauliflower pizza crust, I was skeptical, but I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. It's now one of my favorite ways to enjoy pizza without feeling guilty.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 5-7 minutes until they are soft.
- Drain the cauliflower and let it cool.
- Once cooled, blend the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a clean dish towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cauliflower rice, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Place the mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet and shape it into a circle or rectangle, depending on your preference.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and add your favorite toppings.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve this cauliflower pizza crust with your favorite toppings, such as tomato sauce, veggies, and meats. It's perfect for a family dinner or a fun pizza night with friends. You can also cut it into smaller pieces and serve it as an appetizer. Enjoy!