Caprese Skewers Recipe
Caprese Skewers are a perfect appetizer or party dish that everyone is sure to love. These skewers are made up of fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves, and can be customized to fit any taste. They are easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser.
I first discovered Caprese Skewers at a family gathering. My cousin had made them for a potluck, and they were a hit. Everyone loved the combination of flavors and how easy they were to grab and eat. Since then, I have made them for multiple occasions and always receive compliments.
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes before using)
- Thread one cherry tomato onto the skewer, followed by a piece of fresh mozzarella, and then a small basil leaf. Repeat until the skewer is full, leaving enough space at the bottom to hold onto.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the balsamic mixture over the skewers.
- Serve and enjoy!
Caprese Skewers are great for any occasion, from casual gatherings to formal events. They can be served as an appetizer or as part of a larger spread. They are perfect for outdoor events such as barbecues or picnics, as they are easy to eat and transport. Serve alongside a variety of other appetizers and snacks for a well-rounded spread.