Caprese skewers with balsamic glaze are a delicious appetizer or snack that is perfect for any occasion. They are simple to make, but the combination of fresh mozzarella, juicy tomatoes, and basil creates a burst of flavor that is hard to resist. The balsamic glaze adds a touch of sweetness and tanginess that complements the other flavors perfectly.
I first tried caprese skewers with balsamic glaze at a friend's party, and I was hooked from the first bite. The combination of flavors was so delicious that I had to ask for the recipe. Since then, I have made these skewers for several events, and they are always a hit. They are easy to prepare in advance, and they look beautiful on a platter.
- 24 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 24 small fresh mozzarella balls
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 wooden skewers
- In a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar, honey, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Thread a tomato, a piece of mozzarella, and a basil leaf onto each skewer. Repeat until you have 24 skewers.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the skewers, or serve the glaze on the side for dipping.
Caprese skewers with balsamic glaze are perfect for any occasion, from casual picnics to elegant dinner parties. They are great as an appetizer or snack, and they look beautiful on a platter. Serve them with some crusty bread, olives, and a glass of wine for a complete Mediterranean-inspired spread.