Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
Bruschetta is a classic Italian appetizer that is easy to make and always a hit at any party or gathering. It consists of toasted bread rubbed with garlic and topped with fresh tomatoes and basil. This recipe is simple yet delicious and is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Growing up, my family always had bruschetta as a starter whenever we had guests over for dinner. As a child, I loved helping my mom prepare it by cutting the tomatoes and tearing the basil leaves. It was a dish that brought us all together in the kitchen, and it still does today. Whenever I make bruschetta, I am reminded of those fond memories and the joy of sharing good food with loved ones.
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 4-5 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the sliced baguette on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bread is lightly toasted.
- In a bowl, mix together the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, torn basil leaves, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the bread is toasted, remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Rub each slice of bread with a garlic clove.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top of each slice of bread.
- Serve immediately.
Bruschetta with tomato and basil is perfect for any occasion, from a casual get-together with friends to a fancy dinner party. It's a great appetizer to serve before a meal or as a light snack. You can also customize the recipe by adding other ingredients such as mozzarella cheese, balsamic vinegar, or even avocado. Enjoy!